SPRINGFIELD LIONS CLUB is a service club, with the goal of assisting the community and the less fortunate, primarily the hearing and sight impaired. Our motto is “We Serve”. The Club began with 36 charter members in 1948 and now has 91 members.
The SPRINGFIELD LIONS CLUB is chartered by Lions Clubs International which is headquartered in Oak Brook, IL and has assisted the blind and deaf since 1917. Lions International is the largest service club in the world, having 1.4 million members in almost every country in the world.
Springfield Lions Club activities include:
- Sponsor Springfield’s July 4th Celebration
- Sponsor the Adult School
- Used Eye glass collection
- Support and sponsor individuals to Lions Camp Kirby – a summer camp for the hearing impaired
- Support and sponsor individuals to Lions Beacon Lodge – a summer camp for the visually impaired
- Supports the Lions Leader Dog Program
- Provide eye examinations and eyeglasses for the needy
- Recognition for outstanding Springfield students
- Support eye research.